Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your many blessings, see what God has done.
As a school-age boy, I remember those words being a regular refrain sung in my church. As we reach the end of 2017, I think it would be a good idea to scratch out on paper the many ways God as blessed you over the last year.
- How has he blessed you through interaction with your immediate family?
- What has he done to make your life easier or your burden lighter?
- How has he blessed your through the preaching of His Word?
- How has he blessed you through your regular Bible reading?
- What prayer requests did he answer?
- What acts of providence do you clearly see as you look back in hindsight?
- What blessings has he given to your church?
- How has he used the people of your church to bless the local community?
- How has the ministry of the your church blessed your life?
Often I hear someone pray, "We thank you for your many blessings." I rejoice at a prayer like this, but I do wonder "What blessings does he mean?"
When you count your blessings, you may be surprised to discover what the Lord has done.
May God's blessings continue to you and your family in 2018.
As always I welcome your feedback and any ideas you might have for an upcoming Lunchtime Musing.